Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lisa Kessler Blog Tour!






Thanks for having me on the Book Reader Addicts Blog!   Happy 2nd Anniversary!

I’m Lisa Kessler.   I’m a San Diego native, which means I am also a weather wimp!  I pull on a parka when the temperature dips below 65 degrees, and I wilt when the humidity creeps up.
So imagine my horror when I took a research trip to Chichen Itza in the middle of the Yucatan rainforest in July.  Yikes!!! LOL 
My son was small then and he’d never been anywhere so hot and humid. At one point as we were leaving the Mayan ruins and returning to the bus, he tried to run and catch up with his sister, but his legs wouldn’t cooperate. He whined, “Mama, I can’t run... I can’t live!” LOL
Thankfully we did live, and with my pile of notes and photos, I had everything I needed for my Night Series.  I wanted to create a race of vampire-like immortals that weren’t from Europe, so I turned toward the oldest civilization in the Americas. As scientists translate more of the Maya glyphs, we learn more and more about the Mayan culture, but the reason behind their disappearance is still up for debate.
I took that unsolved mystery and gave it a paranormal twist that I hope readers will enjoy.
The newest book in my Night Series, Night Thief, just released this month. It’s a prequel to Night Walker, and it introduces one of the original Night Walkers, Kane.


BLURB:
After the fall of the Mayan civilization, Kane, an immortal Night Walker, has taken refuge in France for over 800 years. The modern world holds little interest for him until the night he meets the Golden Thief and is robbed of much more than his pocket watch.

Marguerite Rousseau is living a double life. By day she is the assistant to an eccentric French artist, Antoine Berjon, and by night she dons elegant evening gowns to woo French dignitaries before lifting their wallets.

Sparks ignite when Kane captures the thief, but Marguerite harbors a dark secret that could ruin them both.






a Rafflecopter giveaway

28 comments:

  1. Great post, Lisa! Congratulations on your book. I love the Yucatan, having traveled extensively through that area, and can't wait to read your book. I bet it'll bring back all sorts of wonderful memories.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! *waving*

      Night Demon will definitely bring back Yucatan memories for you! :) Most of that book takes place in the jungle...

      Night Thief is my Paris book with a misplaced Mayan god! :)

      Hope you enjoy the book! Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Cynthia! Hi Lisa! Congrats on Night Thief! I *love* the cover and look forward to reading it! (And I think I need to come up with a story idea that requires I travel somewhere new and exciting for research.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin -

      Isn't the cover gorgeous??? And my hero HATES French fashions so his shirt is hardly ever buttoned in the book... The cover is so him! LOL

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome post, Lisa - I've always wanted to go to Chichen Itza, and congrats on the book. I definitely have to check this out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine -

      Definitely go to Chichen Itza if you get the chance... Pictures do not do justice to the massive structures down there... It's shocking to see! :)

      THanks for commenting! I hope you enjoy the book!

      *HUGS*

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for intro and sharing how you researched for your series, Lisa! Congratulations on the newest book of your series! From the blurb, this sounds like a must read...I'll definitely check this out! * And I'm glad you lived :)
    ivegotmail8889@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PC -

      Oh I'm glad I lived too!!! LOL It was crazy hot and humid though! :)

      Thanks so much for checking out Night Thief and Night Walker! I hope you enjoy the series!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for sharing your story about research in the Yucatan. I've wanted to make the trip to the Mayan runes for many years. I'm so glad you got to go and lived through it...LOL...children's comments are priceless aren't they!

    Best of sales with Night Thief, it sounds fantastic!

    Mare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn -

      Thanks so much for the good wishes for Night Thief!!! :) I'm excited people are enjoying the book...

      Definitely visit the Mayan ruins someday! (Not in July! LOL) It's shocking how enormous they are. You really can't tell the awesome scale from pictures until you're standing right there... Amazing stuff! :)

      THanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your latest release Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing how you researched for the book/series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June -

      Thanks for commenting and listening to me whine about hot weather! LOL It was an amazing research trip though! :)

      Lisa

      Delete
  7. Night Thief sounds like a great story, I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara -

      I'm glad Night Thief caught your eye!!! :) I hope you enjoy the book...

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Lisa! The book sounds really interesting! I have not read you before, do you have more books about these Night Walkers or is this a stand alone? Thanks for the post and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth -

      Night Walker is the first novel in the series and Night Thief is a prequel so it doesn't matter which order you read them...

      Night Demon is book 2 and it will be out this spring...

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the new release!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa! Congrats on Night Thief!
    Love the cover book, and i looking forward to read this book. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Filia!!! :)

      I love the cover too!!! And after you read the book, you'll know it's perfect for Kane & Rita! LOL

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  11. congratulation on the new release
    i like couple on the cover, and the colour its nice
    thanks for the chance ^^

    sunshine_pinkystar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia!!!

      I'm crazy about the cover!!! I got very lucky!!! :)

      THanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  12. this book sounds amazing...
    i love HR and urs has a beatiful cover too..
    i can't wait to read it..
    thx u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Night Thief!!! :)

      THanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete
  13. I love this idea of the Mayan influence and with your research I'll probably learn something about the culture too!
    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di -

      Night Demon will be out in the SPring and most of the book takes place in the Yucatan... Lots of Mayan mythology in that book too... :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa

      Delete
  14. I really like the idea of your book, if I don't win it I really hope they'll translate it here in Croatia so I can read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dino -

      That would be great! We did sell foreign rights to a publisher in Turkey for Night Walker. It's coming out in Turkish soon!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Lisa :)

      Delete