I would like to introduce you to Rachael Wade, author of The Resistance Trilogy, The Keepers Trilogy, and many other books.
Today she is here with us to share some music!
Preservation Playback: The Top Five Songs that Inspired the Characters
1. Ryan and Kate: Bedroom Hymns, Florence and the Machine – Along with Crystalised by The xx, I consider Bedroom Hymns to be Kate and Ryan’s song. It has a sexy, playful, dangerous, and sensual sound, and Kate and Ryan are all of those things to each other. This was also the song that inspired the copy machine/campus lounge scene.
2. Ryan: Beggin, Madcon – I consider Ryan’s song to be Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons, but when it comes to his feelings for Kate, Beggin by Madcon really says it all, and it’s playful, just like his banter with Kate.
3. Kate: Why Do You Love Me, Garbage –Kate’s definitely got some issues, and this is her song. She struggles with fear, insecurity, and self-worth, but she’s also resilient, headstrong, and knows how to hold her own.
4. Carter: Black, Pearl Jam – Poor Carter always seems to have what he wants most right in front of him, but he can never quite grasp it—that would be Kate. Black captures his acceptance and grief over the woman he loves but can never have.
5. Dean: Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Rupert Holmes –This song not only has Dean’s personality written all over it, but it also inspired the last chapter and epilogue of the story and made me fall in love with him all over again at the end of the writing process.
Preservation by Rachael Wade is now available in paperback and Kindle e-book from Amazon.com. If you love paranormal romance and fantasy, also check out Rachael’s other books, Amaranth and The Gates (books 1 and 2 of the Resistance Trilogy) now at Amazon.
Fear is sabotage’s sweetest weapon.
Kate has no time for meaningless romantic charades, and definitely no time for hot college professors who are full of themselves and smitten with her. Constantly battling eviction notices, tuition she can’t afford, and a sick, dependent mother, the last thing she needs is to be distracted with someone else’s complicated baggage.
When she stumbles into Ryan Campbell’s creative writing class, he is only “Mr. Campbell” to her, until Ryan finds himself captivated by her writing and she is forced to face their mutual attraction. His cocky know-it-all syndrome is enough to send her running in the other direction, and his posse of female admirers and playboy reputation are enough to squander any odds in her favor.
But underneath Ryan’s abrasive facade is something to behold, and she can’t stay away for long. Ryan and Kate must decide who they’re willing to become and fight against their former selves if they want to make things work. That’s if academia, vicious vixens, old skeletons, and their own mastery at self-destruction don’t pummel their efforts first.
Knowledge Changes Everything…
Hoodoo-influenced Southern Louisiana seems like the perfect place for Camille to escape her abusive past and dysfunctional family. She doesn’t expect to fall in love with the handsome Gavin Devereaux and plummet into the world of Amaranth, a place of exile for reformed vampires.
Wrestling to escape a deadly ex-boyfriend while giving Gavin a chance, Camille is confronted with decisions that threaten not only her life, but the lives of her inhuman friends she has come to love. Entangled in her friends’ quest for freedom, she dives into their realm and faces the threats of Amaranth’s ruler—the mother of all vampires—and her own inner demons.
Now Camille must decide whether she will derail her life and make the ultimate sacrifice for the monsters that interrupted her bumpy path back to sanity—what she still wants so desperately—or escape with Gavin before it’s too late for both of them.
Getting There is Half the Battle.
Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin's risky crusade.
Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn't always go according to plan.
As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.
Thank you Rachael for stopping by and sharing with us!
Rachael would like to giveaway a copy of Preservation, Amaranth, and The Gates in ebook format.
This is International!
All giveaways this month end October 7th.