Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2nd Anniversary Celebration Featuring: Gabrielle Bisset




Today I am happy to introduce Gabrielle Bisset, author of the Sons of Navarus series! She took some time out of her busy schedule to answer a few questions!
1. What inspired you to write your first book?
  
I had a dream and when I woke up, I hurriedly wrote down everything from it because it had been so vivid and different from anything I'd ever dreamt. That was the beginning of my Destined Ones series a few years ago, my first published book.
 2. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 
Fight scenes. I don't have a lot of experience in physical fighting, so I have to rely on my imagination and beta who is a male and is willing to read the scenes so I know I have all the parts going in the right direction. His comments are so funny sometimes. Seems I think men are more like Stretch Armstrong than they really are.
3. How do you come up with the titles?
They can be tough. I want the title of any book to really relate to the story, but sometimes the idea just is so hard to pin down. Other times, they come easily. Blood Spirit, my newest book, is a title that came easily because the story is about a vampire who is very mystical and spiritual. The title really matches his story.  
4. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 
Honestly, no.  As an indie author, I have complete control over what stays in and what leaves. I do have my editor, who makes suggestions, and I usually follow her opinions because she's so good at it, but if I really feel something should remain, it stays.
5. What books have most influenced your life most? 
I think the books that influenced me the most are those I grew up with and studied in school—the classics. They're classics for a reason. The tell such timeless stories that they really settle into your heart and mind. Those timeless ideas have stuck with me.
6. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? 
I guess she wouldn't be considered new, but I love Marie Treanor's paranormal books. She has such a wonderful way of making her stories come to life. Her Awakened By Blood series is some of the best paranormal you can find. 
7. What book are you reading now? 
Between teaching college students history and writing my next book, reading time is at a premium. I'm spending time reading about ancient Rome now, but my head is in so many books instead of just one. :)
8. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
I love it when a reader contacts me and tells me she enjoyed my work. It's not just an ego stroke but something that makes me remember why I do this in the first place.  
Thanks for having me here today! It was great! 
Yesterday Gabrielle celebrated the release of Blood Spirit!! 

I am everything you seek. I am vampire.

Blessed with the gift of telepathy, Terek always knows what a woman wants. His gift has afforded him nightly sensual pleasures and exotic treats for centuries, but beneath the surface he yearns for much more.

Ilona can give him what his soul craves, but only if he trusts his heart. One fateful choice made out of desire puts all he cares for in danger. With a civil war and the threat of Archon hunters at every turn, this Son may lose everything if he can't find the balance between heart and mind. 
   






To celebrate Gabrielle would like to give 1 person  Sons of Navarus SWAG Pack.
This is for US and Canada only. If you are International and have an address you can use please enter.
All giveaways this month end on October 7th. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments: