Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Featured Author of the Month: Lara Adrian (Post 11)



First came out June 2011
416 pages

Delivered from the darkness, a woman finds herself plunged into a passion that is DEEPER THAN MIDNIGHT . . .
At eighteen, Corinne Bishop was a beautiful, spirited young woman living a life of privilege as the adopted daughter of a wealthy family. Her world was changed in an instant when she was stolen away and held prisoner by the malevolent vampire Dragos. After many years of captivity and torment, Corinne is rescued by the Order, a cadre of vampire warriors embroiled in a war against Dragos and his followers. Her innocence taken, Corinne has lost a piece of her heart as well--the one thing that gave her hope during her imprisonment, and the only thing that matters to her now that she is free.
Assigned to safeguard Corinne on her trip home is a formidable golden-eyed Breed male called Hunter. Once Dragos's most deadly assassin, Hunter now works for the Order, and he's hell-bent on making Dragos pay for his manifold sins. Bonded to Corinne by their mutual desire, Hunter will have to decide how far he'll go to end Dragos's reign of evil--even if carrying out his mission means shattering Corinne's tender heart.

Available in:
 Mass Market Paperback
Bookclub Edition Hardcover
* Rhapsody Bookclub Main Selection
* Doubleday Bookclub Featured Alternate
E-book
audiobook


Where you can find it:


To get an entry comment below answering the following question:

How would you be if you were held captive and tormented for years and then free?

Here is a reminder of the prizes:
The randomly chosen grand prize winner will get a signed copy of Kiss of Midnight, the first book in the series and some swag.
The second place winner will get a book of your choice from The Midnight Breed series from The Book Depository and some swag.
Ten other winners will get swag.
The winners will be announced on April 2nd!
To get the maximum amount of entries go to the rest of the post to play catch up!

12 comments:

  1. I'd be a mess and need loads of special treatments and counselling.

    ilona
    felinewyvern at googlemail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably be a basket case! I'd need a ton of therapy that's for sure. I'd hope that I would get better with lots of support from friends and family. Thanks for the giveaway!
    -Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be traumatized!! I would need lots of counseling for sure but if I had my family and friends around me they'd pick me back up again :) They always do :) And if I had lots of Breed warriors around me as well I would definitely be great :) Who wouldn't? Lol

    amiee.ryan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would be lost i'm sure

    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably be insane at first. But, after the newness of freedom wore off, I would relish life and live it to the fullest.

    molly(dot)frenzel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the frist time : i cant believe iam free..and then i need therapi and counseling for to overcome the fear.

    icha09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely be a very traumatized person and most likely would seclude myself from all but my closest family. I would have even more trouble sleeping and would probably develop a lot of OCD behaviors, having to check locks on doors & windows, jump at strange noises, etc.
    June
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. im sure i will lost, but i try to overcome with my fear ^^

    sunshine_pinkystar at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be traumatized & in serious need of therapy. But eventually after dozens of sessions I'd feel relieved, grateful & happy to be free.
    GFC: Jewel
    Email Subscriber
    jewel4jay AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd hope to be able to handle it as well as Corinne did, but I don't think that would be the case. I'd probably need a good doctor, some wicked meds and lots of love and support. I'm sure I could make it through then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be thankful and count my blessings that it was finally over

    www.goddess197829c@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Broken inside. And will be hard to me to believe in others.

    perla333@abv.bg

    ReplyDelete