Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Featured Author of the Month: Lara Adrian (Post 10)



First came out September 2010
384 pages


At the crossroads of death and desire, a woman tastes a pleasure no mortal is meant to survive . . .
In the frozen Alaskan wilderness, former state trooper Jenna Darrow survives an unspeakable breach of body and soul. But with her narrow escape comes an even greater challenge. For strange changes are taking place within her, as she struggles to understand--and control--a new hunger. To do so, she will seek shelter in the Boston compound of the Order, an ancient race of vampire warriors whose very existence is shrouded in mystery. Perhaps the most mysterious of them all is Brock, a brooding, dark-eyed alpha male whose hands hold the power to comfort, heal . . . and arouse.
As she recovers under Brock's care, Jenna finds herself drawn to the Order's mission: to stop a ruthless enemy and its army of assassins from subjecting Earth to a reign of terror. Yet in spite of their resolve, a purely physical relationship without strings soon binds Brock and Jenna together with a desire fiercer than life and stronger than death itself--until a secret from Brock's past and Jenna's own mortality challenges their forbidden love to the ultimate trial by fire.

Available in:
 Bookclub Edition Hardcover
* Rhapsody Bookclub Main Selection
* Doubleday Bookclub Featured Alternate
E-book
audiobook


Where you can find it:


To get an entry comment below answering the following question:

How would you handle a secret from a loved one's past that challenges your love?

Here is a reminder of the prizes:
The randomly chosen grand prize winner will get a signed copy of Kiss of Midnight, the first book in the series and some swag.
The second place winner will get a book of your choice from The Midnight Breed series from The Book Depository and some swag.
Ten other winners will get swag.
The winners will be announced on April 2nd!
To get the maximum amount of entries go to the rest of the post to play catch up!

12 comments:

  1. i hope i would be able to stay true to my vows and help him the best i could. Because when we loves someone we must love him like he is , included his past then. And loving is also sharing

    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd stand by them no matter what, you fight for the ones you love they are worth fighting for :) the present is what matters if you give up on them because of their past it shows your true feelings if you really love them you'd do anything and everything in your power to keep it :)

    amiee.ryan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would talk through it and hopefully work things out. I don't give up on love :-) Thanks for the giveaway!
    -Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm in love, that screams commitment to me & that means I'll be with him through the good, the bad & the ugly. I'll find a way to deal with the secret. It might take time, but love is worth it.
    GFC: Jewel
    Email Subscriber
    jewel4jay AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hope that I could hold onto the love I feel for him. I guess it would depend upon the secret, but there are only a few things that I could not forgive/get past. It would have to be something totally inexcusable for me to turn away from him. After all, none of us are perfect, and really how boring would it be if we were?
    June
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would try my damnedest to not let the past rule me or the love I felt for another.

    molly(dot)frenzel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The past is past so I would concentrate on the present and a future with the one I love.

    ilona
    felinewyvern at googlemail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever happened with past him, I would stay at his side..i dont care about the past and secrets..

    icha09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'd stand for the love i feel and fight for the ones are worth to fighting for :) the past for had happened i will take as a learning for our future..

    thanks for the giveaway ^^

    sunshine_pinkystar at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as the secret didn't involve rape or murder, spousal or child abuse then I think I would be able to look past their past

    ReplyDelete
  11. It depends on what kind of secret it was but I would try to forgive them because I would want them to do it for me

    www.goddess197829c@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll just accept it and will try to show him that I really love him and will do anything for him.

    perla333@abv.bg

    ReplyDelete