Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dee DeTarsio guest post and Christmas Gift

Merry Christmas everyone! All month long we are celebrating Christmas with great authors, great guest post, and awesome Christmas presents!
Please welcome the first author to stop by Dee DeTarsio!

‘Tis the Season
by Dee DeTarsio

‘Tis the Season to gain weight, break out, have nothing to wear. Thank goodness for Fa La La La Lifetime and cheesy holiday movies that cheer us up by making us cry. I do not like winter here or there, I do not like it anywhere. After after growing up in the midwest and sleeping under quilts as heavy as sandbags, I ditched my Wonderbread boot liners as soon as I was able, and headed west to warmer climes. “Sayonara, Vicks VapoRub!” I believe I shouted.

Even though I live in southern California, I still manage to complain about winter. All. Winter. Long. The ONLY good thing about winter is Christmas cookies. When December rolls around, I dig out my favorite brown sugar-stained recipe card my mom typed out on an old Olivetti typewriter hundreds of batches ago, and start baking. (Yes, it was the same typewriter she used to let me bang out really bad stories on when I was a little girl!)


I love making Ginger Krinkles almost as much as I love eating them! Almost.

2/3 Cup vegetable oil           2 tsp. baking soda
1 Cup granulated sugar        1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg                                    1 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Molasses      1 tsp. ginger
2 Cups flour                        
--additional 1/2 cup granulated sugar for dipping

Mix oil and sugar, add egg and beat. Stir in molasses. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Drop spoonful of dough into sugar and form balls. Bake at 350 degrees on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Ginger Krinkles are extra-delicious paired with a steaming cup of coffee and a good book...see below!

Dee is offering 3 copies of her new novel, Ros...You don’t need an eReader, you can download the Whispernet app for free and read on your computer or smart phone.





 



 





Dee DeTarsio is a television writer living in southern California. (Remember those aptitude tests in sixth grade? She was supposed to be a Farmer's Wife.)
After growing up in Ennui, Ohio, and graduating from Ohio State University she vowed 'never to be cold again' (in a tantrum more worthy of Suellen than Scarlett) and ended up in Tucson, Arizona, producing the news for the CBS affiliate, oddly enough called KOLD-TV. She moved to San Diego where she worked in the SeaWorld entertainment department as a producer/writer (penguins are mean!), before producing and writing for the NBC affiliate.
From the girl who ate too many potato chips, Dee is the author of women's fiction novels, THE SCENT OF JADE (a finalist in the San Diego Book and Writing Awards), THE KITCHEN SHRINK, 'TIL SOMEBODY LOVES YOU, and ROS.
Though her mother never beat her (that hard) and her father is not a celebrity, she suspects one of her four sisters is a vampire.
Happy Holidays!



5 comments:

  1. M-m-m! Even though I live in southern California, Ginger Krinkles always get me in the mood! (For the Holidays, geeze! Get your minds out of the gutter!) Thank you for hosting and posting, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! Thank you Dee! I now have a new recipe to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Never had Ginger Krinkles but they sound delicious!!! Thanks for that and the chance to win your book. :-)
    -Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
    thedoyle6@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ginger crinkles ..yummy ....
    my fave recipe ...hmm .. well apparently I make great pastry and mince pies ...I wouldn't know I don't like them ..!!!

    THANK YOU Cynthia ..month long giveaway ....lots of books to win potentially for New Year reading xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo that sounds yummy!! thank you so much for the contest :)

    my fave christmas recipe is ummmmm, we normally just have ham on christmas day which i LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete