Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Celebration with Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels


Today I would like to introduce you to 2 lovely ladies, Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels, authors of Night Marchers. So first of, here's Rebecca:


(Rebecca is the burnette)


It all started seventeen years ago at a middle school ice cream social when a skinny blonde with chocolate on her face came up to a pleasantly plump brunette, me, and asked if I had a roommate for our upcoming camp session. That year in sixth grade orchestra camp solidified our friendship into what it is now. We are BFI's (Best Friend's Infinitely) who have a hankering for getting into trouble together and being crazy. Time hasn't settled us down either. We found that we still have the knack for getting ourselves into sticky situations. Like only a few month's ago when we paid homage to Twilight and did a book and movie tour. I let Courtney talk me, against all of my good sense into doing a night hike in La Push. We are not outdoor enthusiasts by any means, and we were totally unprepared. With the wrong shoes and no flash light we found ourselves hiking from the beach to our car through a steep forest trail with only the dim light of my cell phone. With our pulses racing from being basically lost in the woods in a totally foreign place with who knows what other animals, or crazy people, we were singing "Jesus Loves Me," as I yelled out every once in a while that I had a gun and nobody better try to mess with us! (I'm from Texas, but no, I wasn't really packing.) Anyhow, we made it out alive an hour later. Let me tell you that the front desk clerk was pretty surprised to see us covered in mud from head to toe when we went to check into our hotel that night!  This is just one of many, many, many adventures Courtney and I have been through together. I'm sure it won't be the last either! I'm grateful to have such a great BFI that has been there for me through thick and thin. Our newest adventure in writing the first book in the NIGHT MARCHERS series has been an amazing one too. I can't believe that we didn't argue even once when we put this book together. I guess, great minds think a like!" ~ Rebecca (Beckie) 

And now Courtney:                                                                                    
                                                                                                                         (Courtney is the blonde)
 
 All those years ago the first thing I remembered was us going to orchestra camp and rooming together. We were both limited on money and wanted to spend it wisely...on clothes, so we decided to forgo our usually appetites and turn to fortune cookies; eating is overrated anyway.  When we were at a Chinese restaurant we saw that the fortune cookies were only five cents a piece.  We bought all they had and they packed it in a giant bag...needless to say we only spent a few dollars for a boat load of meals.  The people behind us wern't too happy about not getting their fortune cookies, but, we were there first.  So one by one we opened them and read the little sayings inside laughing at our good fortune; and there started a close friendship.  From then on we were inseparable!  We even went to the extremes of marring husbands who were best friends, we'll, not on purpose really. From middle school on we carried around a notebook that had our notes to each other in it, and passed it back and forth.  We would write each other short stories about our current crush or stories about teachers that we didn't like having an unexplained accident.  I still have that book today and look at it from time to time.  I guess in our friendship I have always been the instigator; Beckie just comes a long for the ride.  I am an only child, so Beckie is like the sister I never got to have.  We do however, lead different lives.  I went on to get my degree in middle school education and found a job as a Math teacher.  While I really enjoyed it I found that I loved talking about books a whole lot more.  As time went on I began thinking of my idea of a perfect book and all these ideas began flooding my mind.  As I was putting pen to paper I realized that I didn't wan't to go this task alone: I wanted someone to do it with me, and who better else, than my BFI Beckie!  Thus began our love affair with the NIGHT MARCHERS series.  I don't think I could have ever finished this project with out her encouragement and go-getter attitude. And so begins our new love of writing!
~ Courtney


Rebbeca and Courtney would like to offer up a great Christmas gift! 1 person can win an e-book copy of Night Marchers. Fill out the Rafflecopter below to enter. The Giveaway ends on the 24th. Good Luck!

NEVER, EVER lock eyes with a Night Marcher! Everyone in Hawaii has heard this warning, except for seventeen-year-old Emma Townsend that is. For most Hawaiians know that looking into the eyes of Night Marcher can strike a curse that will end in death or eternal servitude. 
Even though her father, who is a paranormal investigator, solely raised Emma, she has little experience in the realm of the supernatural. When she is forced to move with her father to Hawaii, only months before her graduation, Emma finds that her world as she knows it, is shaken when she starts seeing the unexplainable: fire balls in the distance, beating drums in the middle of nowhere and strangers who vanish into thin air. Then one day when she has a run in with a procession of Night Marchers, ancient Hawaiian spirits wandering from their burial grounds to their locations of battles past, Emma has no choice but to believe that the unbelievable does exist. 
Now Emma must go on the run with the help of a mysterious stranger, as they seek out how to free Emma from the curse of a Night Marcher, who will stop at nothing to get her soul.












a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chance. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your fantastic dedication to the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out! We hope y'all enjoy the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giveaway! The book sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete