Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shadows of Pain by Ashley Dawn Blog stop

Today I would like to introduce you to Ashley Dawn, author of the Shadow Series. She is currently celebrating her release of Shadows of Pain the third book in the series. Take it away Ashley!!!


I’ve had many people ask me why I write Christian romantic suspense instead of just romantic suspense.  Their argument is target audience for romantic suspense is much wider than adding the faith element.  Also, I would have more options for publishers instead of the limited number that publish Christian Fiction.  It is a nice idea but that doesn’t fit me.  I absolutely adore reading.  I will read pretty much any type of book, with very few exceptions.  It is different when I write.
Writing to me is much more personal.  I want to share my faith.  Just writing romantic suspense would be fun but I honestly don’t think it would be as fulfilling for me.  Sharing my faith and connecting it to my characters flows for me.  It may not be the most open market and some people may skip over my books because they have faith and God in them, but that is ok.
To me, it means more when I hear someone say that my writing touched them.  Hearing a reader say they connected with a character’s dilemma and it made the story real to them is wonderful.  Would I like to sell a lot of books?  Yes.  I would like to reach as many people as I can with my books.  Do I enjoy the suspense and romantic elements of my books?  Absolutely.  Those are some of the best parts to write!  Would I ever consider writing something that didn’t include my faith?  I don’t think so.
I read mostly Christian fiction.  In the huge mix of books I’ve read, I have to say that it does appeal to me the most.  The romantic suspense is the type that I prefer so that is probably why I write it.  I also love the Christian science fiction, fantasy, romance, and thriller!  The books with romance and a hint of danger….that is just perfect for me!
So really, I write in the Christian fiction group because it is what I believe I can use to share my faith.  I may not be the most successful author and I may never have a book in the top 100 but that doesn’t mean I can’t reach people with my books.  I hope the books are fun and enjoyable to my readers and they think back and reflect on the story.  I don’t want to be preachy, I just want to plant a seed. 

Here is some info about the wonderful author Ashley:
Author Ashley Dawn was born and raised in rural Arkansas where she developed her love for writing while helping in her parent's office. She graduated with an accounting degree from the University of Central Arkansas but is currently working as a legal assistant. Ashley has been writing professionally for the past seven years and has two published books.  Her first book, Shadows From The Past, was originally published by Tate Publishing  and is considered more of a traditionally published book while the second, Shadows of Suspicion, was published by self publication using AuthorHouse.  She is currently working on multiple projects including the third in her ‘Shadows’ series entitled Shadows of Pain and also a standalone mystery about a serial killer that remains untitled.  You can find out all about her current books and future releases on her website www.authorashleydawn.com.  Ashley also has a review blog to share her love of reading, Ashley’s Bookshelf, where she reads and reviews books of all genres.  (http://ashleysbookshelf.blogspot.com)  She and her family make their home in Texas.


Now go check out her new release Shadows of Pain and if you haven't read any book from this series you really should check it out!


Revenge is sweet….unless you are on the receiving end of it.

“Do you know of anyone who would want…you dead?”

Officer Daniel Jenkins was no stranger to the dangers his job posed but usually he knew who was trying to kill him.  Being stalked was a completely different ball game, and he wasn’t sure there were any rules…

“…I need you.”

Terrified didn’t even begin to describe how Kami felt with the stalker targeting her.  As an FBI agent you were trained to handle stressful situations, but being the victim put the whole process in a different light.

As the killer gets closer, so do Kami and Daniel, but will they live long enough to see their love bloom?

Only God can save them from this unknown killer…

No comments:

Post a Comment