Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everblue by Brenda Pandos Review


Everblue by Brenda Pandos  
Best friends share everything with each other. Or do they? Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Frances Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Spending time with her best friend Tatiana, dreaming about kissing Tatiana's twin brother Fin, and swimming competitively are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college. But when Tatchi fails to return home after a family emergency, and no one knows where the family has gone, Ash chooses to do something drastic to find them.

Ashlyn is about to discover what she’d thought to be true her whole life, wasn’t, and the truth, too fantastical to imagine. Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, secrets that will change Ashlyn's life forever.




My Review:  

When I was asked if I wanted to review this I jumped all over it because I love Brenda's Talisman series. I was a little worried and curious at the same time. I really wanted to see how Brenda went from writing Vampires to write about Mermaids. Also, this was my first book to read that was about Mermaids. Let me tell you Brenda did not disappoint.
I really liked how the point of view was from both main characters. I didn't have to try to guess how each of them were feeling. The flow of the story and the interactions with the characters was very easy to follow. I was able to connect with almost all the characters wither I loved them or hated them. And believe me when I say there is one character that I want to punch.
The story made me laugh, hold my breathe, and made me upset. I got so emotionally involved that my husband thought I was going crazy.
The book ended with a little cliffhanger that is just enough to make you want more. Brenda met and exceeded my expectations with this book. Just as one of her series is getting ready to end she has me hooked into another one.
Recommended for everyone!
5 out of 5


1 comment:

  1. I am reading this now, so far I like! I am reading it with another book so I am a little slow buttttt its pretty good!:))

    ReplyDelete